Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Thank Heaven for Little Boys

Most everyone knows about my project to help other mom's who have experienced a loss like ours', but not all mommies loose their little girls.  Unfortunately some mommies loose precious little boys.  And little boys don't wear bracelets.  Little boys are much more difficult to match with their mommies.  This is something I came to realize a few months after the accident when a friend experience the sad stillbirth of her baby boy.  I started thinking...  Then I started trying to make a little money to support my project by selling bracelet sets online and at craft fairs.  Another friend told me that if I had something like the bracelet sets, but for mommies and their little boys she would buy it.  I thought some more...  Then I was contacted by a sweet woman who helped out after the accident by donating items to an auction my sister-in-law held.  She knew someone who was pregnant with quadruplets, three girls and a boy.  One baby girl passed away so they delivered.  The other three stayed in the NICU because they are so tiny and early.  Last week another passed away.  This woman wanted to do something for this mommy, to remember her babies and tie them all together.  So she asked me if I could do something for this family. So I thought even harder.  And I finally came up with something.


 For mom and the three girls I made bracelets.  We decided on elephant charms so that dad could match and mom's bracelet wouldn't get too busy with lots for charms.  I went with blue so the bracelets were feminine, but also had a hint of boy to them.
Then I made a tie tack for baby boy and for dad.  So now I'm planning to find a new charm for little boys so I can make more tie tacks with bracelets for mommies of little boys. Thank you for inspiring me, you know who you are.



And if you're wondering, baby boy and one baby girl are still in the NICU.  They are growing, but are still in critical condition at not quite 2 lbs. each.  I don't know their name, but please keep this sweet family in your prayers.

6 comments:

Debbie Freeman said...

I love this. Love you Melissa!

Becky said...

Speechless once again. The thought that did come to mind was how evident it is that your heart lies between here and heaven and how incredibly blessed we are because of how you have chosen to give so much of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Suggestions for boys charms: soccer balls, footballs, baseballs, baseball bats, any sports thing, bicycles, frogs,etc. You could also make a pin for mom that matches the tie tac.

Marylynn Edwards Paul said...

Melissa, It's been awhile since I've been on your blog. I was wondering about your bracelets these past couple weeks and this answers my question. What an amazing thing you are doing. Thank you to your and Lawrence for sharing. It is tender and sweet and faith building what you share. I haven't caught up to the end, but thank you for sharing about pioneer day and your Let It Go book. You are still in our prayers.

Mia said...

Those are all so beautiful! You are inspired, and you inspire me to look around and see what I can do to help others in our situation. I miss you guys! I'm still in awe of how young you are, suffering this kind of monumental loss, and having such a positive, giving outward focus. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Little boys can wear bracelets, my brothers often did. And I think it is wonderful that you are trying to look after them as well.

What kind of mom are you?

A few days ago my sweet friend over at The-Good-Steward  shared a post from another blogger mom about what kind of mom she is.  I was inspir...