Monday, November 11, 2013

Ethne

How do I say the things I want to say today?  How do I put such tender feelings into words?  This day, of all days, is perhaps the most difficult day of the year.  Possibly only matched by one other day.  Four years ago today you changed my life and I can't find words to accurately describe how.  Today I miss you more than every other day combined.  So today I will hug Mr. E a little longer and a little tighter.  Today I will cry a lot more.  Today I will spend time with family as we all think of you.  Today I will blow some wishes just for you.  Because no matter how we try to make this a happy day, and to remember our eternal family, it is hard to miss that fact that the one today is all about is not here with us.

So have a grand party in Heaven with Great-Granddad and Billy, Great-great Grandmas Mary and Mary, and Great-great Grandpas Elbert and Clark, and all the other eternal family members there with you.  But don't forget us.  Maybe stop for a visit.  Because we miss you and love you (a bushel and a peck) and always will.  And I am thankful for the time I had to spend with you and the time I will get to be with you.

Happy birthday, Princess.



9 comments:

Julia said...

Just want to send love your way! Happy Birthday Ethne :) This is a beautiful post and take care.

Debbie Freeman said...

We are sending lots of love to you guys on this special day (and every other day too!) We love you so much!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Angel Ethne! May your parents and brother feel of your love today and may you feel of their your love for YOU! Yes, it was a glorious day when you were born and it will be an even more glorious day when you are all reunited.

Becky said...

We send more prayers and hugs your way today. You are such a blessing to so many, including us. Ethne is such a gift. Thank you for always sharing.

Becky said...

We send more prayers and hugs your way today. You are such a blessing to so many, including us. Ethne is such a gift. Thank you for always sharing.

Kimberly said...

I don't know you personally but I just wanted you to know you are being thought of and loved today on this difficult day. I pray that you are comforted and find joy in her memory amidst the pain of her passing.

Mom and Dad said...

Thank you for sharing your tender feelings. Thank you for blessing us with sweet times with Ethne.

alyssa said...

tons of love and hugs to your awesome family. we love you guys. happy birthday to that darling redhead.

Meggie Moo said...

Happy Birthday Ethne! Thinking of you.

Love, Megan, Craig and Baby Wes Maxwell

What kind of mom are you?

A few days ago my sweet friend over at The-Good-Steward  shared a post from another blogger mom about what kind of mom she is.  I was inspir...